Apr 3, 2010

Life As A Human Article: Easter in Rome is Not for the Faint of Heart

Maybe I should back up a bit here, and explain my views towards religion. I'm what I call "vaguely Catholic". I was baptized, and I remember going to church sometimes when we were kids. My family celebrates Easter and Christmas, but these are really just wonderful excuses to overeat. It's what Jesus would want! Did we learn nothing from the whole feeding-a-million-people-with-half-a-fish story?

I know, I know. I'm going to hell. If it exists. That's the beauty of being vaguely Catholic. You can answer most religious questions with a shrug. Like this actual re-enactment of a conversation I had in a high school civilization class:

Me: I like Dürer.
Classmate: His paintings are evil. If you like them then God won't love you.
Me: Hmm...
Classmate: Don't you care that you're going to hell?
Me: (shrugging) Meh...[...read more]



Photo Credits:"Praying Hands" by Albrecht Dürer

No comments:

Post a Comment