Aug 30, 2009

Adventures in House Sitting Part 4: Chastising David

Hypothetically speaking, if you have a lovely friend house sitting for you, and you say to them:

"Hey, lovely lady who is house sitting for us. We're going camping until Sunday. We may stay later, but if so we'll let you know."

Would you follow this up with a:

A) Call every day with a status update on your ever-changing arrival date.
B) Call on Saturday saying "We're staying another few days. Here is your appropriate amount of forewarning."
C) Call on Sunday night, after I've already vacated the premises, and leave a message saying "We're staying another three nights, so deal with it, sucker." (I'm paraphrasing)

If you picked A: you're heart is in the right place, but this is a little overkill.

If you picked B: you are a good, considerate friend, and I will house sit for you any time.

If you picked C: you are David, and you owe me big time. Because I got your call AFTER I'd packed up all my stuff, cleaned your kitchen, washed the sheets, vacuumed the floors, power-washed the driveway, detailed your minivan, and moved my baking supplies back into storage. I got it after I re-settled into my mom's spare room, and after I consumed a lot of wine at a family barbeque and cannot safely journey back to to the cats. Not that I mind or anything, but some advanced warning would have been nice. Be aware, David, that you're only getting away with this because your cats and wife and children are so darn cute.

Pickle and Other Cat will resume their normal feeding schedule tomorrow in the AM, but tonight they may go hungry.

1 comment:

Kortni said...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo David!!!!

Post a Comment